Pin Castle

On the hillside, the village of Pin overlooks the Ognon valley. In 1287, Guillaume d’Apremont has Pin. In the end of the seventeenth century, Philippe-Eugène Chifflet, a son of Jean-Jacques Chifflet, a great humanist, buys the castle from the du Chatelet family. In 1746, the estate becomes a marquisate, Christophe-Ignace de Chaillot runs the estate. The buildings and the park have been listed ISMH since 1967 and the inside of the castle from the eighteenth century, since 1994.

You enter the courtyard through a huge classical wrought ironed gate (XVIIIth century). On the left, the building  (end of the fifteenth, beginning of the sixteenth century) is composed of a long building with access to a stoned stairs. In the two low rooms, there are two big fire places supported by their small columns.

The castle XVIIIth century is a one only floor over the groundfloor building with a four sloped roof. The housing scheme is simple, there is an arched wall with a cone shaped roof above that gives the building a particular style.

 

Infos

Adress

Château de Pin
70150 Pin

Visit Visit of the ground floor rooms from the 18th century and the gardens by appointment

Contact

chateaudepin@gmail.com
Tel. +33 (0)3 81 60 20 91
www.chateaudepin.fr

Coordinates 47° 19’ 18’’ N / 5° 51’ 57’’ E