Dammartin Castle

Dammartin castle (Froissard) is registered as a Historical Monument (MH) since 2011. It was built during the XVIth century by the Mairots, a family of counsellors at the Franche-Comté Parliament, ennobled in 1544 by Emperor Charles V. The prior Mairot de Mutigney, a canon of the cathedral chapter of Besançon, both poet and numismatist, rebuilt and enlarged it in the midst of the XVIIIth century. It then came into the family of the marquesses of Broissia by wedding of Félicité, the last heiress Mairot with Hilaire-Flavien de Froissard, marquess of Broissia (1771). It subsequently remained in the Broissia family until 1918. 

Dammartin castle is a typical example of the mansions built by the parliamentarian aristocracy from Franche-Comté along the Ognon valley in the XVIIIth century.

 

Infos

Adress

3 rue de l’Église
39290 Dammartin-Marpain

Visits Visits by appointment from June to September (park and taxidermy collection from Franche-Comté)

Contact

Tel. +33 (0)6 84 48 85 20

Coordinates 47° 15’ 21’’ North / 5° 32’ 41’’ East